Wednesday, June 11, 2008

A blogger I'm not

Daily updates? Naw. While I can talk a blue streak when necessary, blogging is just not my thing. Blogging as a marketing strategy would probably be some kind of sick hell for me. But thanks to Scott Kane, Richie and MikeW for rattling my cage every now and then.

So where am I in the process? I'm coding/testing furiously. Here's a couple of screenshots of what I'm doing.






This is the original spreadsheet with macros that calculated seats available, search by enrollee and produced a csv to import into a Word template that produced itineraries for each enrollee.












And this is a portion of what I've done so far. I'm translating the spreadsheet into an Access application (for now). I'm keeping a list of future improvements as my temptation is to want to add everything to vers 1 and that's just impractical. For now I'm going for KISS.




Back to the day job. I'll update again in a few days.

No comments: